This is the season where students are seeking for good jobs and good opportunities to handle. And we came across with RAS exam, which will provide you good services and good respect in the society. Some people will wonder that what exactly RAS means!?!
So here we bring some content on RAS exam!!
- 1 RAS: Rajasthan Administration Service
- 2 The exam is conducted in three phases:
- 2.1 Preliminary Exam
- 2.2 Main examination
- 2.2.1 Syllabus –
- 22.214.171.124 General Studies 1 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
- 126.96.36.199 General Studies 2 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
- 188.8.131.52 General Studies 3 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
- 184.108.40.206 General Studies 4 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
- 2.2.1 Syllabus –
- 2.3 Interview
- 3 Eligibility for RAS Exam
RAS: Rajasthan Administration Service
Every year RPSC (Rajasthan Public Service Commission) conducts a competitive exam for RAS. RAS is the supreme civil Service of the state of Rajasthan. This is the most competitive exam of the state so aspirants should be prepared and must have clear Knowledge of RPSC Syllabus of RAS exam and should inquire about RAS exam pattern. RAS includes a respective position of the government sector like deputy secretary, joint secretary, deputy commissioner, additional district magistrate, special secretary, HOD (Head of the department), principal secretary, chief secretary, etc. After getting the job of RAS, the candidates gradually get promoted to the designation that is equivalent to IAS. So, aspirants should not skip any exam or the patterns. RAS Exam Syllabus details are the initial milestone that would map your overall study plan.
The exam is conducted in three phases:
This exam will carry 200 marks, which will be objective type. This is to know one’s ability towards GK. The paper standard would be graduation level. The marks obtained in PE and the candidates who qualified for admission to the Main exam, in their total PE marks will not be added.
And the paper consists 150 questions and has negative marketing. 1/3rd mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|1||General Knowledge & General Science||200|
The paper will test candidate’s knowledge on various topics:
- Indian History
- History, Art, Culture, Literature, Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan
- Geography of World and India
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Political and Administrative System of Rajasthan
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Political System & Governance, Indian Constitution
- Reasoning & Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
- Reasoning & Mental Ability
There will be four papers in this examination which will be descriptive or analytical. There will be brief, long answers and descriptive types question. General English and General Hindi will be senior secondary level.
|1||General Studies 1||200|
|2||General studies 2||200|
|3||General Studies 3||200|
|4||General studies 4||200|
General Studies 1 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
|Indian Constitution||Geography of Rajasthan||History of Modern world|
|Culture||History||Geography of Rajasthan|
|Political System & Governance||Modern Period||Tradition & Heritage of Rajasthan|
|Ancient & Medieval Period||Geography of world & India||Economy concepts & Indian Economy|
|Economy Rajasthan||Administration System of Rajasthan|
General Studies 2 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
|Venn Diagram||Relations||Letter Series|
|Mental Ability||Various Scientific & Technological Projects of Rajasthan||Analytical Reasoning|
|Physics||Forestry||The Odd man out|
|Data Analysis||HCF||Number series|
|Ratio and Proportion||Square Root||Cube Root|
|Averages||Time, Speed & Distance||Area and Perimeter|
|Time and Work||Interpretation||Sampling|
|Problems on Numbers||Distribution||Chemistry|
|Agriculture||Science & Technology||Environment|
|Linear Regression and Correlation||IT||Dairy and Animal Husbandry|
|Simple and Compound Interest||Statement and Argument||Statement and Assumptions|
|Statements and Conclusion||General and Everyday Science||Technological Concepts and Advancements etc|
General Studies 3 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
|Public management||Governance Issues||Current Sensitive Issues|
|Aptitude and Foundational Value of Civil Services||National Integrity and Security||Administrative Ethics|
|International Affair and Diplomatic Strategy||Strengthening of Moral values in Governance and Public Administration||Resources and Programmes for Development in Rajasthan|
|Global Economic Issues and Trends||Pressure Groups and Organisational Development||Current Affairs – National & International|
|Ethics and Human Interface||General & Administrative Management||India and Global Perspective|
General Studies 4 consists 200 marks. Here are the subjects needed to be studied:
|Letter writing||Change of voice||Comprehension|
|Compositions||Precise writing||Change of narration|
|Paragraph Writing||Phrasal Verbs and Idioms||Synonyms & Antonyms|
|One word substitute||Translation of sentence from Hindi to English|
The candidate who succeeds in these two phases enters into next level i.e. interview level. Where candidate should be confident enough to present him/herself.
Eligibility for RAS Exam
Age Limit: Candidate age must be between 21 – 35 years.
And if any govt employee applies, he/she has to be between 25 – 45 years.
Education Qualification: Candidate must have graduation degree from a recognized university. Final year students can also apply.
Some tips to cover the RAS Syllabus:
- You can choose any section of RAS exam and can attempt the paper according to the preparation.
- Once you are through with the Syllabus of RAS exam you require excellent study material for the proper preparation your exam.
- The practice test will easily manage your exam preparation as you will be able to timeline and outline your study plan.
- Your better subject knowledge and your right mind will lead you towards success and you can give preferences to topics which you have understood better.
Basically, candidates have tough competition for the scants seat. As we know RAS is the most competitive exam of Rajasthan so it’s an opportunity for candidates to get recruited as a civil servant. Hope this content was helpful to Know about RAS Exam.