Today, MBA is known to be the most sought after post-graduation course in not only India but also worldwide. It opens the door of thriving career opportunities. In addition, a higher package of salary as compared to other programs, therefore, the popularity of these professional courses has grown very quickly. In other words, MBA has become the vogue of today’s career options.
With the advent of industrialization, the requirement for people at management has risen in India. India has emerged as a new level of global growth and development. Professional and skilled people are the building blocks of this ambitious future of the nation. And to bring to completion of these administrator needs, MBA program is considered to be the most excellent.
If you have hit the internet for some reliable explanation and details regarding the MBA program, you must be planning on pursuing the course this year. We have tried our foremost in analyzing this program. It is advised to read this blog till the edge of the page.
What is MBA?
The acronym MBA stands for master of business administration. It is a plan of study which trains the people so that they become adept enough to administer an organization. MBA is a 2-year degree program. It encompasses various specializations like HR, OM, finance, marketing, etc. a candidate has to choose any one out of these.
It is an internationally accepted and recognized program. The aim of this program is to develop the skills required for career most importantly in business and management. Besides, a candidate who has successfully pursued an MBA program can go for management related work in government as well as public departments.
The reason why most of the candidates are going after this program is that it is a globally reputed course. It not only boosts the skills, knowledge but also develops the personality of a person. Besides, despite being an expensive course, many banks are ready to provide aid to the candidates as an education loan. In addition to all these, well-paid job and productive work environment attract thousands of fresher graduates.
Am I Eligible for MBA?
Yes, you are eligible for the program of MBA; you don’t need to have acquired the degree of BBA before MBA. Candidates having passed bachelor degree graduation or equivalent in any specialization from a recognized university can apply for the program.
Categories in the MBA program
There are numerous layouts of MBA program which are recognized worldwide, for instance, Full-time MBA, Part-time MBA, executive MBA, distance learning MBA, etc. However, a person can choose any one of these plans. Each one of them has its pros as well as cons, at the time that full-time MBA has been proven to be more successful and lucrative in the long run as compared to distance learning, the latter offers flexibility in terms of their course structure.
There are diverse specializations which are considered to be leading for the great career path, nevertheless, a student has to choose any one out of them according to his/her liking or subjects. Some of the most sought after specializations are:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Human Resource
- MBA in International Business
- MBA in Operation Management
- MBA in Information Technology
- MBA in Supply Chain Management
- MBA in Rural Management
- MBA in Agri-Business Management
- MBA in Health Care Management
These are only the briefing of a few specializations which are most popular these days if you want to read the detailed curriculum and program about the above, click here.
The career path after the completion of these curriculums is dynamic and competitive. The core aim of the above programs is to develop the skilled managers in an organization who can develop business plans, recognizing strong and weak points of a business, and augment the progress of any industry.
Top colleges and Universities for MBA
The proper choice of college from where you pursue this advantageous course is an important fact need to be considered. As these courses cost a heavy amount of money, therefore, you need to be very cautious before choosing the right one.
Although India has bountiful colleges and universities who propose these programs, in this blog we have tried to include only some of the best colleges which provide the best training as well as decent placements.
Full-time B-Schools in India
Some of the reputed colleges in Full-time MBA program are:
- Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Management-Ahmedabad
- Indian Institute of Management-Calcutta
- Indian Institute of Management-Lucknow
- Indian Institute of Management- Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Management- Udaipur
- Indian Institute of Management-Indore
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Madras
- IIT Roorkee
- IIT Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Management-Lucknow
- XLRI Xavier School of Management-Jamshedpur
- IIT Kharagpur
- University of Delhi
- National Institute of Industrial Engineering-Mumbai
- IIT Bombay
- Management Development Institute- Gurgaon
- SP Jain Institute of Management and Research-Mumbai
- Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Management-Shillong
- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade-Delhi
- Indian Institute of Science-Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Forest Management-Bhopal
- Indian Management Institute- Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management Tiruchirappalli
- Thiagarajar School of Management, Madurai.
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- Indian Institute of Management Raipur
- Indian Institute of Management Kashipur
- Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior
- Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi
Though these are only the topmost colleges in India, You can also check out other B-School from the Link: Click Here
Correspondence B-Schools in India
With the constant increase in the number of candidates for the MBA programs in the regular system, the competition has increased steeply. Owing to competitive entrance examinations, a lot of candidates cannot make for the regular course and it is difficult for a working person to take admission in full-time B-schools. Therefore, another option known as distance learning has become very popular these days. That is why we have shared some of the esteemed colleges in India, which offer these courses.
Some of the reputed colleges in distance MBA program are:
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Symbiosis institute of distance learning, Pune
- ICFAI Hyderabad
- Sikkim Manipal University
- Amity University
- Maharishi Dayanand University- Rohtak
How to take admission in B-Schools in India?
Most of the B-Schools conduct their own entrance examination before admission procedure like CAT, XAT, JEMAT, etc.; you have to crack one of them. Here are some of these tips to clear these examinations easily, without wasting your time.
- Start preparing for the competitive examination before 7-8 months of admission. It is better to join an institute in your area which will instruct you the smooth way to crack any entrance.
- Do take mock test genuinely at least once in a week.
- Do more practice and analysis. Find out your weak areas and focus more on them.
- Get some good books recommended by your faculty, and develop the habit of reading newspapers especially an editorial part of some reputed newspapers like The Hindu, The Indian Express, etc.
- Develop your English speaking skills for the Group Discussion, Personal Interviews, etc.
We believe the above content will surely help you in taking up the career of MBA. If you have any quarries/suggestion/corrections/or any other information, type in at the comment box below.
If you had pleasure reading the blog above, do share it with your friends. And don’t forget to bookmark our website for future updates.
The team of FreshersTimes Wishes you Best of Luck.
Disclaimer: the examination data/results/imprints distributed on this site is just for the prompt data to the examinees and does not to be a constitute to be an authoritative record. While endeavors have been made to make the data accessible on this site as credible as it could be. We are not in charge of any accidental mistake that may have published in the information we have distributed on this site. We regret any misfortune to anyone or anything created by any shortcoming, inaccuracy or mistake of the data on this site.