- 1 What is B. Ed.?
- 1.1 The ability, attitude, and aptitude of teachers depend on the teacher education program B. Ed. Some of the objectives of B. Ed. Education is:
- 1.2 The National Council for Teacher Education is the apex authority which decides the curriculum of B. Ed., during the course, a candidate has to undergo following stages:
- 1.3 Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed.:
- 1.4 How to Apply for B. Ed.:
- 1.5 B. Ed. admission entrance Exam:
- 1.6 Syllabus for B. Ed. course:
- 1.7 Major Government and Private Colleges for B. Ed. in India:
What is B. Ed.?
Teaching is a noble job where a man contributes toward the society as a whole with a view to ensuring the holistic and materialistic development of other fellow beings. In India, this venerable job profile has been known by the word-“Guru”.
In the modern world, if a man wants to be fully qualified as a teacher he has to undergo various academic programs so that he will become responsible enough to perform the esteemed job of a Teacher. Bachelor of Education degree is the most important one of these programs.
A Bachelor of Education (B. Ed.) is an undergraduate professional degree which prepares candidates for work as a teacher in schools.
Although in some other countries some more educational qualification than B. Ed. is needed in order for a candidate to teach in a school, however, in our nation B.Ed.-degree is sufficient for the purpose. B. Ed. is compulsory for all those who wish to teach at the secondary i.e. class 9-10 and higher secondary i.e. class 11-12 in any school throughout the country.
With the advent of Right to Education Act 2009, the government of India emphasized on the quality education in all recognized schools in India. Therefore a minimum of B.Ed. the degree was made mandatory for this purpose.
The ability, attitude, and aptitude of teachers depend on the teacher education program B. Ed. Some of the objectives of B. Ed. Education is:
- To develop the ability of a teacher to understand the behavior of pupils.
- To develop the aptitude of a teacher so that he/she could guide and counsel students.
- To make a teacher understand the nature, purpose, and philosophy of secondary education.
- To equip them with the ability related to pedagogy, curriculum development, its transaction, and evaluation.
- To acquaint them with the communication skills and use the modern technologies.
- Gain the theoretical knowledge.
- Analysis of two subjects related to secondary education.
- To practice teaching in various schools.
- Observation of model lessons.
If you wish to read the detailed curriculum of B. Ed. you may go through the official notification of NCTE from the link: Click here
Eligibility Criteria for B.Ed.:
The degree B.Ed. can be done from anywhere in India as regular as well as correspondence, the major eligibility criteria to get admission in this course is:
- Candidates must have passed graduation or equivalent (B. Sc./B. A./B. Com.) relevant to the post from a recognized university with no less than 50% marks in total.
- Bachelor in Engineering or Technology with no less than 50% marks in Mathematics and Science.
- A candidate has to fill in the various private/government college admission forms and take the competitive examinations of the same.
- Person of any age who possesses the above educational criterion can apply for the course.
How to Apply for B. Ed.:
There are a large number of universities that offers B. Ed. course and the procedure of admission may differ in these universities. We have listed the names and sites of some of the eminent universities in India in the link below.
The common procedure for applying the B. Ed. degree in India is that the candidates need to log on to the official website of any of the recognized universities, who offer the course, in online mode. Some universities still adopt the method of offline admissions. There is no other approach to applying for the course. We advise all the interested candidates to click on the following link for further queries.
B. Ed. admission entrance Exam:
The entrance examination will be of an objective type that may be in online or offline mode. The main pattern of most of the universities is as follows:
- General comprehension
- Mental ability
- General awareness
- Teaching aptitude
Syllabus for B. Ed. course:
In this section, we have shared the precise syllabus decided by the NCERT.
Section A: Prospective and education
- Childhood and Growing Up
- Contemporary India and Education
- Learning and Teaching
- Gender, School, and Society
- Knowledge and Curriculum
- Creating an Inclusive School
- Health, Yoga and Physical Education
Section B: Curriculum and Pedagogic Studies
- Language across the Curriculum
- Pedagogy of two School Subjects (Part I &II)
- Social Science
- Biological Science
- Physical Science
- Assessment for Learning
Section C: Engagement with the Field
- School Internship
- Courses on Enhancing Professional Capacities (EPC)
- Reading and Reflecting on Texts
- Arts in Education
- Understanding ICT and Its Application
- Understanding the Self
You can read the detailed syllabus from the link: click here
Major Government and Private Colleges for B. Ed. in India:
In the last section we are going to acquaint you with the eminent colleges with their websites which welcome all the graduates to take part in this dignified course of B. Ed.:
- J. Somaiya Comprehensive College of Education, Training, and Research (Mumbai)- www.somaiya.edu/BED
- Bombay Teacher’s Training College (Mumbai)- bttc.edu
- Andhra University (Visakhapatnam)- andhrauniversity.edu.in
- Lady Irwin College (Delhi)- ladyirwin.edu.in
- Government College of Education (Chandigarh)- www.gcechd.nic.in
- Xavier’s College of Education (Patna)- www.sxcepatna.edu.in
- M. College of Teacher Education (Imphal)- www.dmcollegeofarts.in/Faculty.html
- Jamila Milia Islamia University (Delhi)
- IGNOU (Delhi)- ignou.ac.in/ .
- University of Bombay (Mumbai)
- G. Teachers College (Ahmadabad)- www.agteacherscollege.ac.in
- Himachal Pradesh University, Department Of Education (Shimla)- wwhpuniv.nic.in/EDU.htm
- The university of Delhi, Department of Education (Delhi)- http://www.du.ac.in/
Though these are only a few colleges according to our knowledge, our nation possesses large no. of other esteemed universities too.
We hope that after reading all these contents about the B.Ed. degree course you have understood something new, and it may help you in pursuing your career. If you find any corrections/doubts regarding this post, kindly drop in the comment box below.
If you liked our blog and want us to make some more like this, you have to share as much as you can with your friends. And don’t forget to bookmark our website for future updates.
Disclaimer: the examination data/results/imprints distributed on this site is just for the prompt data to the examinees and does not to be a constitute to be an authoritative record. While endeavors have been made to make the data accessible on this site as credible as it could be. We are not in charge of any accidental mistake that may have published in the information we have distributed on this site. We regret any misfortune to anyone or anything created by any shortcoming, inaccuracy or mistake of the data on this site.